Better Students is looking for an Editor to join our team in Timișoara for an indefinite period.
Who we are:
Better Students is a leading publishing company for supplementary instructions to high school students in several European countries. We provide students the guidelines and tools they need to earn better grades and to achieve academic success. Currently, we help more than 100.000 students annually.
For our upcoming website aimed at high school students in English speaking countries we are searching for a Editor with a keen interest in English literature and culture.
As a Editor your responsibilities will be to:
- Handle the production and design processes of our educational products (such as analysis guides for English literary works, movies and speeches)
- Make sure that each product meets high academic standards while also keeping in mind that it has to be accessible to our target audience
- Research on user behavior in order to give our products an optimal content and structure
- Manage the production of educational products along with our editorial team and our talented writers and reviewers
We expect you to:
- Have a bachelor's or master’s degree in English literature
- Be fluent in English (C2 level is mandatory)
- Be highly interested in the field of education and willing to acquire detailed knowledge of curriculums, exam requirements and common educational practices to ensure that our products fully match the needs of our customers.
What you get:
- A competitive salary
- The chance to become part of a dedicated team with a hands-on approach to product quality
- The chance to share your own creative and innovative ideas in an open culture work environment
- The chance to work with colleagues from all over Europe
- Coffee, tea and healthy snacks to make your working hours more relaxing
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Access to a lot of fun events and other social activities in the workplace
- The possibility to work from home with company provided IT equipment
- Due to the current COVID-19 situation we offer safe environment such as limiting exposure to other people in the office by having separate offices, working through rotation and the possibility of remote work.
Sounds interesting? If you decide to apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter here:
Application deadline: 15th of April 2021.
Please remember to attach any relevant diplomas stating your courses and grades (baccalaureate diploma, transcript of records from university, bachelor's and master’s degree, workshops certificates, etc).
Prior to a potential interview, you will be asked to take a written test that you can answer online.
If you have any questions before you apply, feel free to contact our project manager, Flavius Dăescu, at email@example.com